They spend a lot more than we expected.
Today the cash hit my bank account. It’s official: Medium will pay authors.
I made, here are some relevant links in case this is the first you’ve heard about Medium paying actual money to actual people before I break down what.
- Partner Program FAQ. You’ll find out how Medium determines what things to spend, exactly how claps influence payment, and much more stuff that is good.
- Would like to get pa >Anyway, right right here it really is. Paycheck # 1.
See that “How your locked tales contributed” component? If as soon as you then become a compensated writer, you’ll have a couple of choices before you publish:
- You can easily secure the whole tale and then make it readable for users just. This lowers the traffic you’ll have, nonetheless it’s the way that is only get. The four tales for the reason that screenshot had been the ones that are only made a decision to lock, therefore moderate paid me personally for them. Seem sensible? Cool. Let’s have a look at each one of the tales.
Locked Tale 1:
- 1K views, 843 reads, 78% read ratio
- 76 fans
- 617 claps
- Payment: $139.73
This 1 had been a little bit of an test as it ended up being my very very first locked post. I needed to see if composing locked tales as time goes on had been an idea that is good.
It is effortlessly one of the better tales I’ve written on moderate. We take it become a great indication if I’m laughing when I compose one thing, and I also really never ever stopped laughing as I told the tragic story of Chad, Stacy together with ex that would perhaps not let go of.
I’m good the traffic suffered because We thought we would secure it, but I became happily surprised once I saw Medium’s estimated repayment for my efforts. Thus I thought we would carry on.
Locked Stories 2 and 3:
- 51K combined views, 42K combined reads
- 8,800 combined fans
- 98K combined claps
- Combined re re payment: $50.05
Wondering why these tales got a great deal traffic but therefore payment that is little? It is considering that the the greater part associated with the views and claps occurred if they had been unlocked and free for anybody to read through. We locked all of them a few weeks after initially publishing.
So these whole tales are two high high high quality examples of unlocked articles that went bananas until they certainly were locked. When that happened, traffic stumbled on a screeching halt. We figured it could take place, but i needed to see just what the payment would find yourself being.
Allow the traffic numbers within those two tales be a concept to you personally: they make changes if you want to gain views, reads and followers, just write about Medium whenever.
Note: these two whole stories are unlocked once more should you want to read them.